Dhanwantary Group, a retail chain of pharmacy was established 30 years ago in 1984, with a mission to SERVE THE MANKIND. Today it is Kolkata’s No. 1 Pharmacy chain and has served more than 3 Crore satisfied customers of Kolkata.
Dhanwantary Seva Foundation, a Charitable Trust, an institution of Dhanwantary Group, founded in 2001, have been engaged in serving the cause of community welfare, our ancient culture and heritage. The main objective of this Trust is to support in eradicating the illiteracy, especially among the girl child, community welfare programmes and upholding the cause of human values. felicitating the great personalities of Bengal, who have contributed in the field of art, culture, literature, social work, sports and other areas.
The latest activities of Dhanwantary Seva Foundation are:
- Providing scholarships to the poor and needy students till they complete their education, specially girl children. Currently 57 girl students are being supported till their completion of graduation.
- Supporting financially to the patients affected by thalassemia and leukemia.
- Providing water huts for the general public near Calcutta Hospital and National Library.
- To uphold and promote the culture and heritage of Bengal by way of sponsoring cultural events, art exhibitions etc.
- To support the needy housewives in the form of financial support through a self-help group ‘Swayamsiddha’.
- To extend support in construction of an old age home ‘Apnalaya’ at Thakurpukur.
- To support to the victims of natural calamities and disaster through financial assistance and medical support in West Bengal and other parts of the country.